Polonia Soccer Park Fields are currently OPEN today April 14th for Practices! Games start April 24th!!!
With the latest rain in the few days, some of the fields are saturated and unplayable for practices. Coaches will move practices accordingly. Look at your Team Snap for details.
Field Location: 10200 W. Loomis Rd Franklin, WI 53132
Determine Field Playability & Player Safety:
Determining the playability of an athletic field is crucial to the continued health of the grass and the sustainability of the field throughout the season. The field crew will close the soccer fields if staff determines that fields are too wet for play, or if other issues arise that would compromise player and spectator safety.
An athletic field should be considered CLOSED for play if any part of the field becomes unsafe for field users or if conditions exist where use will cause damage to the field.
- An athletic field should be considered closed if any of the following conditions exist:
- There is standing water present on any part of the field that cannot be removed without causing damage to the field.
- There are muddy conditions present that will not dry by the start of the game.
- While walking on the field water can be seen or heard with an footstep.
- While walking on the field of play, any impression of your footprint is left in the surface
Note: Pending rain amounts, fields typically need several sunny and dry days to allow grass and underlying soil to dry out. Then fields need to be cut and lined for field use.
REMEMBER: Standing water occurs because the ground is saturated. Removing standing water does not eliminate the saturation. It is the saturation and not standing water that causes damage and unsafe conditions.