Polonia Soccer Park fields are CLOSED Saturday OCT 24th for practices and games. Fields are too wet due to 2.64 inches of rain. 🙁 Games may still be on at an alternate location. Check with your coach or manager.
Field Location: 10200 W. Loomis Rd Franklin, WI 53132
2019 Is The Wettest Year Ever Recorded For Wisconsin And The Midwest
4 Of The State’s Top 5 Wettest Years Were In The Last Decade By Danielle Kaeding
Published: Monday, December 16, 2019, 6:30am
The year’s not over, but 2019 will already go down as the wettest year ever across the Midwest and Wisconsin since record-keeping began in 1895. More than 43 inches of rain and snow — 43.48 inches to be exact — fell across nine states in the Midwest through November.
Determine Field Playability & Player Safety:
Determining the playability of an athletic field is crucial to the continued health of the grass and the sustainability of the field throughout the season. The field crew will close the soccer fields if staff determines that fields are too wet for play, or if other issues arise that would compromise player and spectator safety.
An athletic field should be considered CLOSED for play if any part of the field becomes unsafe for field users or if conditions exist where use will cause damage to the field.
- An athletic field should be considered closed if any of the following conditions exist:
- There is standing water present on any part of the field that cannot be removed without causing damage to the field.
- There are muddy conditions present that will not dry by the start of the game.
- While walking on the field water can be seen or heard with an footstep.
- While walking on the field of play, any impression of your footprint is left in the surface
Note: Pending rain amounts, fields typically need several sunny and dry days to allow grass and underlying soil to dry out. Then fields need to be cut and lined for field use.
REMEMBER: Standing water occurs because the ground is saturated. Removing standing water does not eliminate the saturation. It is the saturation and not standing water that causes damage and unsafe conditions.